Monday, December 30, 2013

20 Random Facts

I guess I'll start with #1~ which is 20 random facts about me. Enjoy!

1. I've only lived in 2 different cities- but have lived in 11 different houses.

2. I met my husband in college, while we were both working at Pizza Hut.
3. I love music! Good music makes my heart happy.
4. I read all the Twilight books and loved them all. I also love reading Jodi Picoult and Amish books (long before the silly shows on TLC).
5. I'm on the laptop or ipad way too much. Don't know why I think it's necessary to check Facebook or play Candy Crush as often as I do.
6. When I was 12, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. I had an 85 degree curve and 45 degree curve in my spine. Had a big ol' long surgery and got to be on the news when my doctor decided to try a "new innovative approach." Was out of school for a month, which was great for a 6th grader!
7. I dye my hair because I have had gray hairs since my early 20's. 
8. I've been friends with my BFF since I was 5 years old....25 years of friendship is pretty special.
9. I really, really, enjoyed my years at community college. They were both spent differently (with different friends and in different houses) but I wouldn't change either year for anything!
10. I wish I would have played sports in school. I always loved playing at home, but never thought I was good enough (or skinny enough) to try out.
11. I've had 4 serious relationships- 2 in high school and 2 after high school. Again, I was not very confident in myself, and I guess I liked the idea of hanging on to someone when they liked me. The 4th one never got to get away though, he's kinda stuck with me!
12. I wish I had long hair- I've never had it grow much longer than shoulders. Maybe I should work on that.
13. I like for things to be organized and easy to find. Less stuff around my house makes me very happy.
14. I've always been jealous of people with big families- they seem like they have so much fun and are always together.
15. My parents had a small band when I was younger. They called themselves "Many Others" so they were always listed on flyers for concerts. Clever, aren't they? 
16. I get carsick pretty easy. I can't read while riding in a car (what a big waste of time!) and if I have to sit in the backseat, I'll get sick. 
17. I don't really like to watch a movie more than once- there are very few that I will. Titanic, The Notebook, Elf (but only at Christmas time), Taken, Pitch Perfect, and Tangled. Most others I think it's silly. You know what's going to happen.
18. I know I said I spend too much time on the computer, but I am so grateful for Facebook- I love watching my friends' kids grow up, keeping my family up to date, and staying connected with friends/family that are not close to me. I feel like I am closer to them just by "seeing" them every day.
19. I have a passion for teaching. Even when I have a bad day, I love the fact that I get to spend it in a classroom. I could never imagine having to sit in a cubicle all day and only talk to adults1
20. I love my family. The 3 people that live with me, the people that raised me and grew up with me, the people I gained when I got married, and all the other relatives in between. I absolutely, totally, completely love them.                  


Maybe that was all too much information?? Hopefully it was just enough. Try it sometime though- it takes time, and thought, and looking closer at yourself. I tried to write things that were about ME, not my kids, or husband. That is no easy task, as they are such a connected part of me. But it's nice to remember that I am more than just the mom and wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment