Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's Your Perfect?

Yes, I know.
It's been over a month since I blogged.

I guess I've lost some motivation. Some desire. Some courage. 

But this morning, I woke up early (early for Christmas vacation anyway!) to take a shower and get ready for my annual Fun Friend Day Trip. I'm way too excited to spend the day shopping and eating in another town with my BFF!!

But I guess God had a few different ideas for me first. I can feel Him pulling on my heartstrings to get these next few words down. So I'll obey and listen.

I know it's hard not to be jealous of my "perfect" family. My husband and I have 2 kids and of course one is a boy and one is a girl. Perfect right? We only have each other- no ex-husband or ex-wife to fight with over our children. And it's great. And someone (even someone I care about very much) is probably extremely jealous. And I probably take this situation for granted way too many times. 

But it's ok. You can be jealous. Because I'm jealous of all my friends that do not have to fight the demon of weight. It's what I have to struggle with every single day. While others never once think twice about eating that 3rd piece of pizza, I'm fighting with myself for even eating one. I'm jealous of you.

So what's your perfect? What is it about you that makes other people jealous? 

Of course today's lesson is not to rub it in their face and boast about it. Instead, be grateful! Be so overwhelmed with happiness about it, that you share your enthusiasm with everyone around! We are all fighting our own demons daily- some struggle with divorce, or addiction, or money. But there is something that you have that others don't- and they want it! 

It's ok to be jealous- it drives us to want to change something in our own lives.  It can motivate us to become better.

It's ok to be grateful- it humbles us and makes us more aware of the wonderful, special things we have.

Take some time today to find your perfect. Then say a few words of thanks to the man upstairs. Then, think of what you are jealous of- and make a plan to make it better. 

Happy Saturday friends!   

No comments:

Post a Comment