Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21's Chilly Thanks!

Tonight I am thankful for my home.


We have called it "our home" for the last 7 years. It is the only home the Princess has ever known (poor Prince, he had lived in 2 other homes previously!). It is the first home The King and I bought. We did a lot of things ourselves (not necessarily perfectly, but we did them!). We added a big deck on the back, did some remodeling in the kitchen, and (eventually) refinished the original hardwood floors.  



There's things I love about my house I never knew I would. We have a great long driveway, perfect for safely riding bikes, playing basketball, or covering with chalk! We have the absolute best neighbors you could ever dream of! And the layout is ideal for keeping everyone close but not cramped!
 
And last year, we put it on the market.


We *thought* we wanted to move.

Apparently, we were mistaken. We took it off the market after 16 months! Alright, we can take a hint. We'll stay!

And I'm so glad we did- we could never find a more perfect neighborhood, and have I mentioned our neighbors?! This has been a blessed placed to raise our kids so far, and tonight I'm so thankful it is ours.    



No comments:

Post a Comment