Monday, October 21, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've got new favorite foods.

Before my favs included:
mint chocolate chip ice cream. rolls. tortillas. chips and salsa. chicken alfredo. tacos. bbq pizza from caseys. 



Now- I am honest to goodness in love with sweet potatoes. Sprinkled with a little (ok more like a ton!) of brown sugar. I have at least one every day.


Another of my "new" favorite things to eat are eggs and avocados. I've always liked both, but now I have them all the time!

I am recognizing quickly what foods contain lots of calories (anything with lots of carbs will have lots of calories), and what I can substitute for myself so my family isn't affected by my new lifestyle choices.

Whole foods
I've noticed I am eating more things that are made naturally- not processed, not packaged. Every one of my new favorites come fresh, as I love that I know what I am putting into my body.


I used to have a negative attitude about whole foods- they were more expensive, gross, or just too sophisticated for me! I didn't want to be one of those "organic-only-over-the-top-health-food-nut job" (no offense, if that describes you). I wanted to eat regular people food!

I've got a whole new outlook on food.

I NEVER thought I'd have such an attitude change about food. But I have. And I love it.

I eat to fuel my body, and that's it.


PS- I do not want this blog to become a weight loss blog.
But I do want to inspire people to be the best they can be-
* weight loss
* skin care
*attitude
* family life

And if I can make even one person a little more happy and a little less stressed, then I've done my job for the day. =)

AND- I'd love to inspire you to take better care of your skin! Check out my Nerium Site here, and sign up today to become a Preferred Customer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment