Sunday, October 13, 2013

Consciously Aware

Not going to bore you with details, but to say it simply, I'm now a "calorie counter."

I haven't been writing anything down. I just keep a mental list in my head of what I've eaten throughout the day. 

And every little calorie counts. 

So I'm careful not to drink my calories- talk about a waste! And I've consciously not snacked throughout the day. I eat 100 calories for breakfast, so I can save more for lunch and dinner. And those are the only times I eat.

 
And I'm getting frustrated.



I have been counting for 11 days now, and I have lost 0 pounds, but have lost many chances to eat delicious food. =(



I have been tempted to cheat.
Very tempted.
 
1. Stopped at McD's for pancakes for the sweet kiddos on their day off school on Friday. I did NOT order a single thing. Even the "Egg White McMuffin" (which still had 250 calories!)
 

2. I did NOT eat any chips and salsa while out to eat with friends last Friday night at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I did however order a shrimp salad. Which tasted fine. Not great. But good enough.


3. I was home alone after dropping off the Princess at a sleepover. Stopped at Sonic on the way home, and somehow, someway resisted the urge to order a sweet Vanilla Java Chiller. No one would have known. It could have been a secret. But instead, I order a peach water. (0 calories by the way!).



But it's really not easy to do this while seeing 0 results. And yes I know, these things take time. 

But the only time I see are the seconds between a good decision and a bad decision.



And I pray that I make more good ones than bad ones. 

A good support system helps. I've got great friends and family who at least act like they don't mind hearing how many calories something has in it. 



A good support system can be life changing- just like the support I have with my Nerium family! I am consciously aware of the decisions I make to promote my business, and the times I make a good decision, and the times I miss an opportunity. Just being aware of all that I do, and how anything I say (or don't say) could be the difference between one new Preferred Customer and a lost chance.




Keep supporting each other, and keep being on the look out for good decisions that you make EACH DAY!!

 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment