Saturday, October 12, 2013

Positivity is Contagious!

 
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook the other day and I knew immediately what an inspiring post it could be for me!
 "So one of the things John Edward talked about last night was the fact that with so much access to social media now, we live ours lives outside of ourselves and projected on social media. He talked about being aware of the energy we put out because it is projected on those who read our comments, tweets, and statuses. If you put a pebble out, it will come back a bolder. Put a stick out and it will come back a tree... put positive energy out and it will come back to you two fold. Put negative energy out then you're asking for negative in return. Always find the positive!"
 
Two things really stuck out to me from this status update.
1.) The fact that we live so large through social media outlets. I love it and hate it all at the same time! I know it distracts me as a mother and a wife, but at the same time, I love that I can brag about my wonderful family and share pictures and events with family across the country. I feel it's an easy way to stay connected, and those I love but who live far away are even more involved in my family's lives than ever before. 
 
2.) Then the main focus of course was the spotlight on positivity. I have lived my adult life trying very hard to surround myself in positivity. As a teacher, mother, wife and friend, I know it's easy to get dragged down and beat yourself up. To focus on all the bad stuff that you simply cannot control. But I hope it's fair to say that I would be considered an upbeat, happy gal. I try to see the best in all situations, and generally walk around with a smile on my face (Now don't start to hate me, I'm not always so nice!). 
 
So here's today's challenge for you- go back to your Facebook page. Read through some of the things you've posted over the last year- or longer if you have time!- and tally how many were positive, and how many sounded a little or a lot negative. Then try to make a promise to encourage others around you by only posting positive things! Not only will you be helping others change their moods, but I think you'd be pretty happy with the mood it puts you into too.
PS- There's some exciting new adventures in Nerium that I am starting to learn about! I don't quite know all about it yet, but I'm thinking there are some strong connections to today's post. Stay tuned for more!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment