Monday, September 2, 2013

Finding Big Truths in Simple Words

This year, my district adopted a new writing curriculum. Just like anything else new, it is taking some getting used to! But, there are some things that are really sticking out to me, and are applicable to way more than just writing, or even just to elementary eduction.


I was to ask my students to create 2 writing goals they have for themselves this school year, similar to making New Year's Resolutions. What do they want to do to be a better writer? What are their writing dreams?

This quote was in the first day's lesson and it really put things into perspective!! 

Can you count how many "dream come trues" you have had? 
Here's a list of mine!
1. Falling in love with the perfect man for me.
2. Creating and growing 2 perfect children
3. Having a job that I truly love.

But then....that's all...
So if I want to experience that "dream come true" I have gotta start dreaming more!



New dreams:
1. Home in the country
2. Trips with my family
3. Trips with just the King and I
4. No more financial worries
5. Money saved for rainy day fun
6. Money saved for kids' college
7. Money saved to help kids while in college!
8. Money saved for home repairs, unexpected expenses

Want to know what all of these dreams have in common?           
Unfortunately, they all require what I don't have much of: money.

BUT---and here's the big part---if I dream it, I can have it come true! I am going to keep on, keeping on with my Nerium business. Everyday I will put something out into this world of media, and day by sweet day, my dreams will start coming true.



What are YOUR "dream come trues"? What are YOU going to do to get them? 
 

  PS- Check out my Nerium page here if your dream begins with improving your skincare needs. 
PPS- Email me (keepcalmwithnerium@gmail.com) if you are interested in learning a little more about becoming a Nerium Brand Partner for your dreams to come true too! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment