Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Thanks Mr. Marley

Don't worry
about a thing.
Cuz every little thing
is gonna be alright.

Life is so funny sometimes. I'm the teacher to 16 wonderful 3rd graders. But sometimes, I feel like I'm the one doing the learning! This group of young people is teaching me every day how to love my job! 

Bob Marley helps too. 

This is my laptop's desktop:
The first time that I plugged my laptop into the projector, my students saw this displayed on the large projection screen. Immediately, one of my boys started singing, saying "I know this song!" I asked him how he knew it, and he responded, "My dad loves Bob Marley. We listen to him all the time!" And I knew right then, that THIS was going to be an awesome year! Having a parent take time to teach their son who Marley is, is a definite good sign.

Sometimes we feel so much pressure to meet certain standards, and to have such high expectations. And as I of course agree with all that, in the day to day bustle, there are so many blessings that get overlooked. This year's class has allowed me to step back and just watch- observe them interacting, talking, and working together. They're so kind and passionate towards one another.     In the grand scheme of things, all I'm really trying to teach them is how to be the best person they can be. I want them to learn to read, and read to learn, and be excited about finding solutions to problems and work hard as a team to accomplish a task. But even more than that, I want them to stand up for others, help those who need help, stay true to their promises, and love and respect one another. And in order to teach that, I have to let somethings go, and remember...
not to worry about thing. 




I just pray that every day I can use this as my life's motto, when I'm at work, at home, in the car (good grief, can I use some reminders while driving!!), and even when I'm out shopping at the grocery store. Maybe I can pass along my little secret too, so others can share in this joy. =)

Oh, and PS- The King and I have been talking about getting tattoos. The King's of course is related to deer, but I'm thinking I might need to remind myself with these 3 little birds what my motto is...what do you think??  

No comments:

Post a Comment