Wednesday, November 20, 2013

20th Day of Thanks



Every year the Community College in our town puts on a fall play. And every year they invite the local elementary schools to come watch. I love that I teach that "middle grade" where we still get invited to younger things, but also to the older things! This year's play was called "Beeple" and the cast did a fantastic job of keeping a houseful of little people entertained for an hour and a half!  What a nice break from our busy day, and a chance for the kids to see all that goes into a play- we talked about not only the actors, but all the behind-the-scenes you don't see. How cool would it be for that experience to begin an interest in drama for one of my kiddos! 




I also love that The Prince got to see it too, and being in that "middle grade" I was very thankful for him saying the play was "hilarious, and so fun" rather than "stupid and childish" like a very small number of the older kids thought. I love that he is still so innocent and gets to still be a kid! I'm gonna keep him that way as long as I can!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment