Tuesday, August 20, 2013

10 Things About An Elementary Teacher

10 Things You May Or May Not Know About Your Child's Elementary School Teacher!

1. I have not been to the grocery store in a week. And apparently we are out of 2 necessities. Milk. And toilet paper. (Hello scratchy paper towels).

2. I have not done laundry in over a week. Thank goodness for beach towels.

3. I have not cooked a home cook meal in over a week. And I can't eat any more McD's, Wendys, or Sonic. Thank goodness for small town restaurants.

4. My own child is being persuaded by her mother to go to school. 

5. I don't even care about Facebook right now.

6.  I've been at school every day for the last 2 weeks. 

7.  I got really excited (scratch that, emotional) when my parents came from out of town to bring me an adorable turquoise bookshelf that my mother repainted for me.  My dad put the old pencil sharpener on and my mom put the books on the shelves. Aren't they the best?!





8.  My email inbox is on overload. And I hate that.

9. My classroom is finished, materials are laid out, and plans are written. And that feels G.O.O.D.

10. I am going to bed as soon as I finish typing this post.

If your children are about to start school, let their teacher know how much you appreciate their hard work. A simple reminder from you means the world to us. That, and a Sonic drink of course. =)

           

No comments:

Post a Comment