Thursday, August 8, 2013

We Can Change The World!

There are many things that first drew me into Nerium. Not going to lie, the Lexus car bonus was definitely at the top of the list! But I was also interested in building a business for myself, doing something independently and different than I've ever done before. Plus, I have always struggled with finding a skin care product to really help me look my best. I was also excited to earn a little extra income each month for my sweet family.

But still, why Nerium? There's so many other businesses that could help me accomplish these same goals.



As I was beginning to research, something I kept seeing over and over was this phrase:

“Individually taking responsibility, collectively changing the world.”  


Nerium uses this as the phrase for their program called "The Nerium Ripple." Their focus is to create positive change in everyday life; to create an environment that fuels camaraderie, sharing and growth; and to pay it forward and create a better world in the process.



As an elementary school teacher, this statement really hit home with me. I have always thrived to not only teach my grade level standards, but I pray that each of my students leave me a better person. We do various activities daily to promote working together, and to teach the importance of lending a hand. And I cannot count the number of times someone has been able to pay it forward to me. Living in a small town, I see this blessing repeatedly- both as the one giving and the one receiving. And I love it.



Recently, in June, Nerium was awarded the Community Impact Award presented by Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. Nerium hooked up with the organization in September of 2012, mainly due to the similarity in feelings of wanting to "pay it forward." Brand partners are encouraged to become a "Big", make donations to BBBS, or participate in their annual Bowl for Kids Sake. Regardless of whether or not you are a brand partner, Nerium would love to invite you to become part of BBBS, and you can find more information here!




Nerium participates in other volunteering opportunities too! Just this week my leader invited any nearby brand partners to participate in an event in my hometown. I love the idea of getting The Prince and Princess involved with paying it forward too!! What a fun way to spend some time together as a family and make a difference in the world.




With Nerium, not only am I able to make a little extra money, and help others (whether through improving their skin or volunteering), I'm able to become a better ME. I am learning to pay it forward every day. And that even the little things I can do, can add up to a big difference. Thank you Nerium.




  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment